Every day, your brain sorts through myriads of signals – insignificant background noise, repetitive tasks and endless mathematical calculations to help muscles coordinate properly – in search of what’s really worth your attention. This lets you focus on an important phone call instead of hearing the dog barking next door.
This ability is exactly what makes artificial intelligence (AI) such a powerful tool for modern businesses, helping companies sift through mountains of raw data in search of key tidbits that reveal everything from customer purchasing trends to overall satisfaction. To be most effective, however, AI should be used to complement and enhance the abilities of the people in your organization, not replace them. Similarly, as organization leads their way to deliver an extraordinary and high personalized customer experience using advanced artificial intelligence, it is important to factor the combination of human intelligence and machine learning to achieve and deliver what customers want.
Why the Human Touch Is a Critical Component of Successful Data Analysis
People have abilities that machines can’t even begin to approach:
- Emotional perception: People can perceive the feelings behind words, picking up on subtleties like sarcasm, disappointment and contentment. Skillful customer service agents and data analysts can even tell the difference between mild irritation, frustration, anger and outright hostility, adapting correctly to each situation.
- Innovation: Humans were practically born to color outside of the lines. The best company employees do the same, taking conversations well beyond simple scripted outlines when needed to guarantee real success: customer satisfaction.
- Effective analysis: While AI excels at pattern recognition, it takes humans to fine-tune searches and see beyond mere coincidence to larger behavioral trends. People are simply better at complex analysis than machines.
How Artificial Intelligence Can Supercharge Your Customer Service
The biggest strength of AI is its raw processing power and speed. Artificial intelligence software can search through millions of hours of data in a tiny fraction of the time it would take experienced data scientists. To make use of this amazing ability, modern customer service teams let AI do the heavy lifting, highlighting the most valuable moments for deeper analysis. That provides unique benefits:
- Optimum customer experience: People want individual attention that adapts to their needs. AI helps your entire business, from website to call center, identify those needs quickly and provide solutions that work.
- Valuable raw data made actionable: Instead of only using a tiny amount of your total customer interaction history, AI can enable you to use it all, seeing trends both from individual clients and larger groups.
How To Create a Successful AI and Human Partnership
- Convert analog audio files to searchable digital text format.
- Choose an experienced AI partner to integrate professional systems with your team.
- Identify optimal examples of productive employee-client interactions.
- Use these pinnacle examples to set AI and call center targets.
Each step towards this brilliant future is a lot easier with advisors who understand the best way to partner your staff with AI systems. Dedicating resources to transcribe audio files and analyze them can honestly seem overwhelming at first, but it’s worth the investment.
Effective customer support wins you incredible brand loyalty. Clients that feel truly satisfied have far stronger purchasing intent, leading to increased profits and a larger, more solid base. Using AI to enhance your teams is the only way to provide customers with the next level of personalized attention they deserve.
This blog was first published on LinkedIn.